Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Today is the greatest day I've ever known


Originally Posted April 18, 2005

I have switched fabric softeners. For years I have used Bounce. It's an orange box, smells good, clean, and fresh. But when I went to the store on Sunday before doing laundry, I noticed that Mr. Snuggles was half the price. I've been so thrifty lately saving for Las Vegas and a new car that it made sense.

When I got home, I noticed the new aroma floating through the apartment like a gentle breeze. After doing the wash, things seemed so much better. My favorite Sunday night television (The Simpson's and Arrested Development) seemed so much funnier, and it wasn't just the writing.

Today at work, I have actually been happy for the first time in months. I catch a whiff of something fresh in the air, and have to remember – "Hey, that's me smelling clean!"

When I was younger, my sister used to have nightmares about Mr.Snuggles. That the small and fuzzy Teddy Bear would crawl from the hamper, sneak up her bed, and make her wash cloths. But to hate a product for my sister's dreams, well that is just biased and wrong.

I know that this great feeling of happiness and joy is artificial and fake. A few weeks from now I'll be just a grumpy and surly as I once was. But for now, I am clean, fresh, breezy, and very happy. Forget calling me p2 or Psquared, I only answer to Mr. Snuggles.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. Snuggles,

    Did you ever consider your change of mood to be attributed to your soul mate Yolanda? Perhaps instead of crediting the snuggly bear, you should be remembering your future lover in the orange jumpsuit. Ah, men, they forget the loves of their lives so very quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you? Haven't heard from you in a while. I hope you're not moving that woman in the orange jumpsuit and her kids here from Arkansas this week. Might want to wait till she really is cleared of all charges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, long weekend adventure on a remote desert island. By the way, The Professor says "hi"

    ReplyDelete