Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Note from Detroit


Yesterday I emailed the old team from a few companies ago. It had been a year, maybe more since seeing them, I have Monday off, why not get together for lunch?

Last night I dreamt I was back in a marketing meeting from three years ago and we were talking about changing the color of the company logo. It was such a vivid and stirring moment that it woke me from the dream. Great people.

Most of the new team is back in the office now. They were at a conference. On their return I heard stories of travel and tradeshows. It made me long for the old days. The delays and oversold flights brought me back. I am in a good place now.

While researching what they have done with out me over the last year, and where they want to go in the next year, I keep coming across all these people I’ve known over the years. The world is shrinking.

Finally, word from the place I just left… I haven’t been gone a week and they have already lost the tradeshow booth. Lost it. As in, “Where did I just place that box?” I guess I didn’t realize how lost they would be without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment